Joes Place Marina & Resort
Beach & Swimming, Diving, Fishing, Picnicing
Click Here for a map of the facility.
Beach & Swimming
Our groomed, fresh sand beach is the nicest on the lake, measuring approximately 3,000 square feet. The swim area is roped off for safety, and isn't too deep for little ones. There is no life guard on duty; therefore, it is swim at your own risk. Glass, pets, tables and grills are not permitted on the beach. Entry and vehicle fees apply. No charge for children 7 and under. When the lake level is too low, no swim area is available.
We have a perfect cove for diving including dive markers, a large diving / training platform located in 25 feet of water, and underwater sites that have been mapped and tagged. Dive training and rental equipment is available through Dive World Scuba Center in San Antonio. Information can be obtained by calling 210/734-5526. Entry and vehicle fees apply.
We carry large & medium minnows, night crawlers, glow worms, chicken livers and shrimp year round.
Bank fishing is available any open day for $3. Entry and vehicle fees apply. We never charge for children 7 and under for entry or fishing! Bank fishing is permitted along the bank in front of the picnic area and on our exclusive private bank for fishing only. Campers & picnicers can fish from in front of their sites.
Friday and Saturday evenings only (dusk to 10:00 p.m.), we host dock fishing on the front of the marina. The fee is $6 plus entry and vehicle fees. If you've already been fishing from the bank the same day, it's only an additional $3. If you are camping in the park, you can fish from the dock as late as you want, until 8am. In periods where the lake level is too low and bank fishing is not permitted, we allow dock fishing any open day subject to volume of boat traffic.
Our annual fishing pass is $120 per year with no additional charges for bank fishing any time. This pass waives your immediate family* entry fees for other use of the facility. Facility site fees, guest entry fees and additional vehicle fees would still be applicable. The additional $3 fee for dock fishing is applicable to fishing pass holders and is only available on Friday and Saturday evenings.
We have one Professional fishing guide available for hire from our marina:
- Lake View Sites - $25 per day (entry and vehicle fees apply). We have 11 lake view picnic sites under shade of hill country setting with picnic table and BBQ grill. Each site is limited to 10 people.
- Hilltop Sites - $15 per day (entry and vehicle fees apply). We have 8 hilltop sites strategically set in our grove of oak and cedar trees around our full-sized sand volleyball court. Each site has a picnic table and BBQ grill and is limited to 10 people per site.
- Beach Sites - $25 per day (entry and vehicle fees apply). We have 2 Beach Front sites on our cove overlooking the dam with a picnic table and BBQ grill. We also have 3 picnic sites ($20) by the main pavilion overlooking the beach; picnic site only, but no BBQ grill available or allowed. Each site is limited to 10 people.
Picnicing is also available on the beach (entry and vehicle fees apply). Bring your towels and cooler and settle in for a great day at the lake. No tables, grills, glass or pets, please.
Parking is in the central parking lot; grounds are walk-in.
- Full-sized sand volleyball court with net. Ball is available for check-out.
- 3 Horseshoe pits. Horseshoes available for check-out.
- Brand new, two tower Rainbow Play System featuring two swings, glider, toddler swing, rock climbing wall, and more! Not responsible for accidents.
Click Here for a map of the facility.
*Immediate family classification for tenant waived entry fees is "spouse and dependent children" only.
(Photos and activities subject to lake level.)